D. Diane Wilson, PMHNP-BC
Please take a moment and let us know how your experience was.REVIEW US
Meet D. Diane Wilson, PMHNP-BC
Donna Diane Wilson, PMHNP-BC completed her Bachelor of Science in Nursing (with a minor in gerontology) at Kennesaw State University and earned a Master of Science in Nursing as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner at Georgia State University. She is credentialed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Diane has worked for years in women's health across the life span, and also served as a public health nurse.
Mental health disorders truly impact people from a broad spectrum of the population, with depression and anxiety among the most common diagnoses. In acting as a volunteer at a women's shelter in Atlanta, Diane became aware of the effects of mental health issues as one of the causes of homelessness. She also had the opportunity to observe the treatment of patients with dementia who additionally experienced depression and anxiety after their diagnosis. Learning more about the great need for providers in mental health care, inspired her to pursue graduate studies to work in the field.
Years of depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders may result in adverse health behaviors like a sedentary lifestyle, inadequate eating and sleeping habits, difficulty in relationships, and negative coping skills such as smoking and substance use. Diane practices a holistic approach to treatment, including medication management as needed, and a focus on lifestyle changes such as improved nutrition, adequate sleep, and exercise. She is committed to reducing the stigma associated with the diagnosis of a mental health disorder.
- Georgia State UniversityMaster of Science, Nursing2017 - 2019
- Kennesaw State UniversityBachelor of Science, Nursing2011 - 2014
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse PractitionerFoundation Psychiatry2020 - Present
- Registered NurseForsyth County Health Department2015 - 2018
- Licensed Practical NurseOchsner University Hospital1988 - 1992
- State of Georgia Advanced Practice NurseAmerican Nurses Credentialing Center
- State of Georgia Registered Professional NurseAmerican Nurses Credentialing Center
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Board CertificationAmerican Nurses Credentialing Center
- Spirit of Nursing AwardKennesaw State University
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of NursingKennesaw State University
- Magna Cum Laude GraduateKennesaw State University2014
Thank you for subscribing!
You will receive important news and updates from our practice directly to your inbox.